MOUNT DORA — Responders were dispatched to Lake EMS in Mount Dora Wednesday morning after employees reported receiving an envelope in the mail that contained an unknown white powdery substance according to a press release.
Police and firefighters responded at 11:30 a.m. to the facility on Old Highway 441.
Upon arrival, employees at the facility told officers that an envelope had been delivered by U.S. Mail and upon opening it, the employees were exposed to the unknown powder.
The Lake County Hazmat team arrived and was able to do an on-site test and determined the substance was not toxic.
The twelve employees who were exposed have not shown any symptoms since their exposure.
The Hazmat team was able to clear the scene around 1:30 p.m. at which time all employees returned to work.
The F.B.I. and the U.S. Post Master General were notified of the situation and a sample of the powder was sent to an F.B.I. lab for further testing.