The Lake County Board of County Commissioners and the Florida Department of Health came together in an effort to provide Lake County residents with the opportunity for free reusable cloth face covers.
This partnership is just one step to promote the department’s advisory for residents to wear masks in public while social distancing.
Although masks are not mandatory, the department urges all residents who spend their time around other residents to protect themselves and others by wearing a mask and social distancing.
“We are strongly urging residents in settings such as offices, break rooms, waiting rooms, and grocery stores to wear a mask, but we will not be adopting a mandatory law for mask-wearing because there are legitimate reasons that guide residents in their decision-making as to when or whether to wear a mask,” stated Leslie Campione, Lake County Board of County Commissioners Chairman.
To help promote their advisory, officials began handing out the free reusable face covers Tuesday morning at locations throughout Lake County and will continue through tomorrow.
The free face covers are limited to Lake County residents only and only 1 cover per person.
Residents can pick up their free face cover Tuesday, July 7 and Wednesday, July 8 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at any of the following locations;
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- East Lake County Library, 31340 S. County Road 437, Sorrento
- Cagan Crossing Public Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
- Marion Baysinger Memorial Library, 756 W. Broad Street, Groveland
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
- Lake County Agricultural Center, 1951 Woodlea Road, Tavares
- Lake County Transit Office, 2440 US Highway 441, Fruitland Park