LAKE COUNTY, Fla. — The Lake County Library System is offering free lunches for kids during their summer break at several locations beginning May 29 until August 10 according to a press release.
“In an effort to fight childhood hunger and offer relief to families struggling with poverty and homelessness, the Library System and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida have teamed up to serve free lunches for kids under 18 this summer,” the statement said.
Residents living in Lake County can go to any of the following libraries for their free kid’s lunches:
- Astor County Library. Astor, FL. 352-759-9913.
- East Lake County Library. Sorrento, FL. 352-383-9980.
- Leesburg Public Library. Leesburg, FL. 352-728-9790.
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library. Groveland, FL. 352-429-5840.
- Paisley County Library. Paisley, FL. 352-669-1001.
- W.T. Bland Public Library. Mount Dora, FL. 352-735-7180.
- Umatilla Public Library. Umatilla, FL. 352-669-3284.
The daily lunches will include fruits, vegetables, milk, chips and a meat option each day.
More information, including a daily lunch menu, can be found HERE.
For further information, residents can contact Program Specialist Keri Lyttle at (352) 253-6180 or by email at email@example.com.
For food allergy information or information on partnerships, donating and volunteering, residents can contact Sasha Hausman at (407) 514-1016 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.