TAVARES — The Lake County Board of County Commissioners is inviting the public to a reception to meet the five candidates for the county manager position. The meet and greet will be held on Monday, April 17 at 5 p.m. in the rotunda of the Lake County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares.
The public is also invited to attend interviews being conducted during a Board of County Commissioners meeting beginning at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, April 18 inside the Board Chambers, which will also stream live at .
The final five candidates are:
- Jeff Cole – Lake County Public Resources Director; former Chief of Staff St. Johns River Water Management District
- Roger Hernstadt – former Marco Island City Manager
- Steve Koontz – Lake County Assistant County Manager/Fiscal and Administrative Services Director; former Lake County Budget Director
- Michael Rankin – Leesburg Deputy City Manager
- Randal Vosburg – Highlands County Assistant County Administrator
Lake County’s current County Manager David Heath has announced his retirement for June 2017.