MARION OAKS – Family members of a victim who lost her life in a fatal Marion Oaks crash in April revisited the spot where the horrific events unfolded to place a memorial marker in memory of their loved one.
17-year-old Charisma Francisco tragically lost her life while riding in a vehicle with her uncle, 19-year-old Ethan Ruiz on April 14th, 2016.
According to witnesses, Ruiz was reportedly driving recklessly at a high speed down Marion Oaks Boulevard when he lost control of his vehicle just passed southeast 145th Street.
The vehicle spun off of the road and struck a concrete utility pole on the passenger side where Francisco was sitting.
Francisco was declared deceased at the scene by paramedics. Ruiz was transported to a local ORMC by a Shands AirCare helicopter.
Ruiz spent several months in the hospital in serious condition. He was later charged with vehicular manslaughter following the results of a Florida Highway Patrol investigation.
The memorial marker will serve as a reminder of loved teen whose life was lost too soon as well as a warning to all that drive that route to drive safely.
[su_carousel source=”media: 210810,210809,210808,210807,210806″ link=”lightbox” scroll=”2″ title=”no”]
Click photos to enlarge.
- Arrest Made in Fatal Marion Oaks Accident – Central Florida Wire (cflwire.com)
- Crash on Suncoast Blvd Claims Life of Homosassa Man – Central Florida Wire (cflwire.com)
- One Dead in Fiery Motorcycle Crash in Ocala – Central Florida Wire (cflwire.com)
- One Dead, One Critical in Fatal Leesburg Accident on CR 468 – Central Florida Wire (cflwire.com)
- Fatal Accident on Interstate 75 Near Highway 200 Exit – Central Florida Wire (cflwire.com)