Football season is nothing to some people if not another excuse to lounge around, beer in hand.
But if you are currently on a diet (or pretending you are), those extra calories can creep up and ruin a week’s worth of weight loss progress.
While many dieters fear carbohydrates and often cut them from their diets, carbs actually only hold 4 calories per gram. Which means you have to eat a bunch of them before you are eating more than your body can burn. On the other hand, each gram of alcohol holds a whopping 7 calories a piece! (Which may be a partial explanation to the infamous “beer gut.”)
Once you start adding up the calories from all those beers, plus that from all the stress food you’ll be gorging on if your team falls behind (don’t screw this up again, Gators…), you might be in trouble.
So, with your dilemma in mind, below is a list of popular beers with the lowest calorie amount per 12 ounces. Apologies if the taste isn’t quite up to par. But since you’ll be pigging out anyway, give this finger food recipe a try this weekend.
Top 10 Low Calorie Beers
10) Corona Light – 99 Calories
9) Heineken Light – 99 Calories
8) Miller Light – 96 Calories
7) Natural Light – 95 Calories
6) Michelob Ultra – 95 Calories
5) Anheuser-Busch Light Pale Lager – 95 Calories
4) Amstel Light – 95 Calories
3) Miller 64 – 64 Calories
2) Beck’s Premier Light – 63 Calories
1) Budweiser Select 55 – 55 Calories